Faculty/Staff Assisting Students in Trouble
Please be aware that the FAST system is not an emergency hotline. For an on-campus emergency, please call Public Safety at 843.953.5611.
FAST may be used to report a variety of concerns about students, including:
- Attendance concerns
- General academic concerns
- Suspected learning disabilities
- Worrisome or disruptive classroom behavior
- Concern about a student who appears to be overwhelmed by a financial, family, or personal situation
- Concern about a student’s possible substance abuse, mental health, or medical condition
FAST is managed by Undergraduate Academic Services (UAS). UAS works closely with the Office of the Dean of Students and the Students of Concern Committee for FAST referrals that are more serious in nature.